Wednesday, December 3, 2008

There is a God

"I know there is a God because in Rwanda I shook hands with the devil. I have seen him, I have smelled him and I have touched him. I know the devil exists, and therefore I know there is a God." - Romeo Dallaire, a senator in the Canadian parliament.
It doesn't surprise me how sheltered (or uninformed) we are as Americans about what is REALLY going on outside our beloved borders. But I am amazed at how much we either don't care, or don't WANT to care sometimes. I make it a habit to check out non-us websites for news concerning the US or UN, and on more than one occasion I am ashamed to that I actually live in the United States.

Read the article. I'm considering buying the book ("Shake Hands With The Devil: The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda") and reading that as well. This was 15 years ago, and I wonder just how much more is happening around us that we don't know or care to know about?

I thank God for the blessings he's poured out on me and my family; and I thank Him also for the trials he has withheld because I live in the US. I've heard it said that if God doesn't judge the United States for its wickedness, then he owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology. I believe that judgment is coming, and possibly in my lifetime. I pray for my children that they will know and understand God's will for their lives before it is too late.

No comments: