Monday, June 14, 2010

Flag Day

Flag Day used to be so thrilling for me growing up, along with other patriotic holidays. I kept thinking today was a special date that I was supposed to remember. It wasn't until I saw a friend mention Flag Day in a message,that I recalled the reason. How many of you, like me, through time and present day politics, and busy lives have forgotten, or just become numb to the national holidays lately?
I honor our flag, our troops, and our rich heritage paid for in blood.. but I also am reminded that our spiritual banner is the Bible, our troops are the martyrs and missionaries and those on the front lines yearning for souls to be free from sin. Our Christian heritage has been paid for by Christ's blood, and we need to celebrate this EVERY day.
A little chorus from my childhood came to mind, and I want to post it here.. in honor of our flag and in honor of our spiritual freedom from sin, paid for by Christ's precious blood...Are you truly free today?

Let the flag fly high
on the castle of my heart,
on the castle of my heart,
on the castle of my heart.
Let the flag fly high
on the castle of my heart,
For the King is in residence there.

No comments: