Saturday, October 19, 2013

Foggy Cocoon

Morning, Folks,
I haven't really had a moment to sit down at this computer for any leisure surfing. The last two weeks have been full of training and beginning to take on the responsibilities of my new position. When I get home from work, it's time for supper and a bit of time with the family and off to bed early.

Today looks like the perfect day to snuggle down and catnap with the foggy cocoon surrounding the house. Alas, that will not be the case. This morning is our Fall Festival for our bus ministry, Ted is hoping to re-open the Shelby restaurant this afternoon after a very long renovation. James has to bury his beloved cat Socks who like so many of us think we are untouchable by danger and death. I dreamed last night that Socks was still alive and was only playing possum on the side of the road. I woke up this morning realizing that dreams aren't always a reality.

Now of course since the boys are actively pursuing enlisting in the army, I see all the horrible stories of how they are Anti-Christian, etc. Part of me wants to shelter the boys and tell them it's a dangerous place to be, but this whole world should not be our cozy cocoon! We are at war with Satan, sin, and evil... or we should be.
I call the boys-infiltrators... they will join the Army IF it lets them and they can be used by God.. if they let HIM.

So in spite of the extreme desire to sit and vegetate and rest all day as my mind and body craves, off I go and pray that God will bring another soul or more to Himself today.

No comments: