Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fantastic Fall Fun


'HAPPY FALL TO YOU'
From one pumpkin to another!!!!!!!A woman was asked by a coworker, 'What is it like to be a Christian?'

The coworker replied, 'It is like being a pumpkin.' God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, and greed. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.'

Just thought I would share what a good birthday I had.
Saturday the 24th we went to spend the day riding the Virginia Creeper Trail from Green Cove to Damascus, Va. It was cold and misty, really too late in the season, but it was still worth the trip. Then Sunday, Ted's family got together to celebrate both mine and Jen's(my sister in law)birthdays together. Momma made a home-made ice cream cake that would rival Carvel's any day! She fixed my favorite dish of hers- roast beef! It was a good day:)

Then Monday, my actual birthday was not going at all how I had expected, for sure. I am glad it didn't though. My brother Jon came with his new girlfriend Mia. We cooked dinner together, and enjoyed a wonderful evening! Mia's birthday was the same day as mine, and of course, Jonathan's is coming up this Saturday. It was a birthday celebration extravaganza.
I adored Mia, and we all agreed she is definitely an asset to Jon's life.
We are so happy for the both of them, and pray this is just exactly what God wants for the both of them.

Today, the boys and I worked hard at the church Fellowship Bldg doing some major moving projects that needed to be done. We will finish that up tomorrow.

I want to thank all those who sent money, cards, greetings, and presents to me for my birthday. You made it all so special and thoughtful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Love
R

No comments: