Saturday, January 29, 2011

Be Still and KNOW

This month has been full of valleys and very few mountains. Ted's job has been overloaded with stressful events. His stress bleeds off onto me, even though he tries to protect us from it. Prayer warriors have gathered and have prayed us through the hard times. The comfort and strength that comes from a blanket of prayer is incomparable. My work position might be changing, and I found that to be weighing on me.
God gave me a verse Thursday night that helped me keep things in perspective.
Psalm 131:1-3 " LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me. Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child. Let Israel hope in the LORD from henceforth and for ever." I can rest and be quiet in the Lord and let Him take care of it, instead of being an impatient fussy baby that can't be satisfied or content. If my hope is in the Lord, then I really need to let Him handle it, since it's very obvious I can't.
So every time I start feeling that overwhelming sense of stress and burden and feel like screaming, I remember that I am no longer a infant in the Lord. I need to take Him at His Word, trust in Him, and quiet myself.

He came to my desk with a quivering lip.
The lesson was done.
"Dear teacher, I want a new page," he said,
I have spoiled this one."

I took the old page, torn and blotted,
And gave him a new one, all unspotted,
And into his sad eyes smiled:
"Do better now, my child."

I came to God's throne with a trembling heart.
The year's work was done.
"Dear Father, I want a new life," I said,
"I have spoiled this one."

He took my old life, torn and blotted,
And gave me a new one, all unspotted,
And into my sad heart smiled:
"Do better now, my child."
"A New Leaf" by Kathleen Wheeler

No comments: