Monday, August 27, 2012

We Salute...

Not too long ago our local news shared how one of our local soldier boys was killed in action in Afghanistan. He is connected to a family in our church, even attended our church years ago when he was younger. From all accounts he is now in Heaven, but today, we said our farewells throughout the county to one of our fallen heroes.

The funeral procession came down the road where I work, and we all stood out as they passed with salutes and hands over our hearts honoring our soldiers and military. Tears ran down my face as I thought again of the price he paid to keep us free.

I hope I see this young man in Heaven, with thousands of others soldiers who fought to keep America free. Most of all, I can't wait to see my greatest Hero Who died on the cross to give me eternal freedom.


All gave some.... but some have given all.... what have you given to share Christ with others?

No comments: