Thursday, December 13, 2012

Making History

OK so this title is about the only salute to the date or at least it was the date yesterday. I just realized that it's no longer 12/12/12. Oh well....
What am I doing up at this time of the night? I don't know either, I fully expected to be drooling and snoring by now.
My job- actually enjoying it for the most part, still challenging and always learning something new each time. Being on my feet for 5 hours straight is an adjustment physically. I thank God for my job, and my boss says she thinks I am the answer to her prayer. We are both cautiously taking that at face value since I am so new to this type of work. One of the other jobs I applied for earlier sent me the nicest rejection email. I think I should frame it!

Last Saturday I had my assistant teach our teen class about Cain and Abel. I left them with the thought -if God is still talking to us about Abel after 6000 years.... what would He tell others about Us?? How are we going down in history? Are we an example of Christ shining out to others, or are we nobodys that just wasted our days like a vapor? Then, our Preacher even mentioned Cain and Abel in his Sunday message.

My job allows me to be an active example of Christ to a lost world... I try to be very mindful of it. Then tonight, I was thinking back on all the people that I used to chat with online and wondered, after all this time, what sort of memory do they have of my testimony. Our Pastor talked about justification tonight and the thought struck me again, people remember every little wrong done to them, myself included... but when God justifies us through the blood of Jesus it's not just forgiven--its like it never happened! So many times I wonder if things could have been said or done differently for different situations throughout my life,but then I remember Jesus has buried my past.... it's time to let it go.
So, yesterday is now officially history, today is here, tomorrow may dawn in Heaven.... is our life something that God will mention in "His Story"?

No comments: