Ok, not quite a joke, but sincerely put. I've been extremely mentally distracted for the last 2 weeks.
- The boys finally got home from Puerto Rico, and things settled back to normal (whatever normal is). I have all their pictures, but no time to upload them from this slow-poke internet connection.
- God sent Bro. Mike P. my way to help run our Delivery store, and after 2 weeks of hands-on training, he's doing an excellent job!
- The GM of our Full Service store gave me his keys on Friday. It seems his family situations were too much for him to keep his job. I was able to move someone from another store into Full Service (on Hwy 74) and keep it running without a hitch, but there will be another 2 weeks at least training to keep this one running at par. I believe this will be the best for the store.
- I used to let my job control my schedule, which allowed the Devil to keep me out of church. God has blessed my stores tremendously, I believe, because of my decision to be in church every service. God has blessed my stores with increased sales and great managers. I know the Devil doesn't like it much, but just as with Job, God will only allow him past the hedge when He is good and ready. I also know that God will not let me go through the trials alone.
- Emily turned 5 Tuesday, and we had her birthday party Saturday. I have pictures of this as well, but probably won't get them up tonight.
- Voices of Faith sang our new songs today (I think Kristi took a video of one) and The Lord blessed many people through us. I'll be the first to say that I deserve none of the credit. Justin M. and Gary are GREAT additions to the group. Each time I get up to sing, I pray that God will get the glory and touch people's lives through it. I know that if it sounds bad or if I mess up, it just keeps me humble so I don't get a big head :)
- I think I lost a filling tonight. I've had a very sensitive molar on the other side, but I remember my dentist telling me that sinus pressure can make teeth sensitive, so I've been watching it carefully.
- We had one of the sweetest services tonight I've seen in a while. This made me remember ones who weren't there that are normally the center of the blessing spout. Mrs. Barbara is still in Duke, and the Rectors are still recovering from a major infection. These couples are very well missed when they can't make the services. We pray that they will be able to join us again soon.