Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Will Never Forget

Today is such a jumble of memories and emotions for me. I will never forget September 11. My boys asked me today why they were still making such a big deal about it from something that happened 7 years ago. I replied simply "because we must NEVER forget". I was disappointed that they did not appreciate the significance of everything that has transpired since that day and BECAUSE of that day. I really have a hard time watching the footage, and hearing the recap of all that happened. The memorial services choke me up. I continue to think of our brave troops, many of whom I personally know, fighting with their very lives for our freedom from terrorism. I thank God for the freedom I have today in this land of the free and home of the brave.

No comments: