Saturday, February 18, 2012

Musings of Longing

Our blog is about the mountains and valleys our family goes through and how our journey can help, inspire, or encourage others who walk the same path. Right now we are going through a valley that often seems so reminiscent of the "slough of despair" in the Pilgrim's Progress story. Don't get me wrong, God has been so clear in His Word and His comfort to us. Just a few short months ago, I was sharing how God had taught me about His Grace in 2010, learning to trust Him by the end of 2011, and now it's 2012. Very early into this year, He has already shown me that my lesson to learn is to Wait on the Lord. To go forward through the Red Sea, but only at His command and in His protection. I don't see the victory, the light at the end of the tunnel, the mountain peak, but I know it's there.
Often, I feel weighed down with this burden and despondent of a glorious resolution. My soul cries out with longing to my Shepherd, to hear my cry and to answer my plea.

Today was the funeral of a very well known, beautifully gifted musician who grew up in church. It was mentioned today that in spite of all her trials and tragedies, the very last song she sang in public was "Jesus Loves Me" just a few short days before she died.
Now you might scoff at that or feel hope or just indifference, but I chose to let it remind me that through all that I am going through, I am alive and Jesus DOES love me. If a jaded worldly musician knew it then why should I doubt it?
Now, God didn't gift me with a voice comparable to this noted singer, in fact I think He gave me one comparable to a certain female oinker of the puppet persuasion. He did however give me the wonderful gift of salvation, an amazing husband, and two decent young men for children. He blessed me with a wonderful church family, and surrounded us with prayer warriors. I pray that my song through this valley will be one that draws others to Christ, that if I should pass through Heaven's portals suddenly that those left behind will hear Heaven's Jubilee through my life.
I don't know what you are going through, I long to shed this weight that so easily besets me, I long for my heavenly home, I long for so many people around me to know that Jesus truly can set them free.... I long for you to be encouraged in your valley and in your storm.
Need Help for Free? Read the Bible!! It's amazing!
Need wonderful help at low cost? Purchase this devotional book, it will change you.

No comments: