Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Da Blues

Wow, so I have officially finished homeschooling!!! What a long journey it has been, but we have never regretted the decision to do that even after all the long nights of pushing them through their math homework. Justin had a beautiful graduation ceremony, I can't wait to get the DVD. The message was very poignant and one of those memories you will always hang onto. The reception was great and the moment was still all too fleeting. Last night as I laid in bed, I couldn't sleep and I just started crying... My stress was finally at its leaking point. We have been going non-stop since April, and I was just plain overwhelmed. After a long day at work today, I came home to a gorgeous bouquet of yellow roses, a lovely bag of chocolate truffles , and a very sweet love letter from my husband thanking me for all my hard work as a mother and wife, etc. That stopped the leaky dam and I was finally able to let it all go! I started packing for my mini celebration that starts Thursday. I am so excited! I can't wait to zip my suitcase and take off with my husband for a couple of days of fun, relaxation, fellowship, and laughter with friends. Justin will get a few weeks at camp this summer as well, then he will say "goodbye to childhood" and "hello" to gainful employment. James was able to switch from the tree service company to a great temp. job with the employment agency. He is also gainfully employed and loving it. Ted stays very busy with work, but that's job security. Now, I just have to find time to finish my flower beds that we started back in April. It will be winter again before I get them finished! Well, back to laundry, and some new found relaxation and peace, and then finish packing my suitcase before another full day of work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was checking out my blog sights and was happily reminded of my dear sweet friend! I am happy the boys are all graduated! We graduated Jenny the first of June! That was an accomplishment in itself! I am still busy in school and with work. I have 3 part time jobs and I am trying to graduate with my bachelor's degree in December. I am happy to see that you are doing well! What a sweet husband you have! Miss you my friend! Love, Becca