Friday, August 16, 2013

Prophetic

Although my mother in law is in Heaven, God has sent a wonderful second Mother-in-love to fill the void. I miss Momma, but Gayle has been wonderful! She, like Momma, has vast work experience and wise counsel. When I started this whole job interview business she told me that I would end up having to choose between jobs, and it might ruin my liver. I inwardly scoffed at the idea. Now I know exactly what she meant!


My phone interview with the DM of the children's store went very well. They want to hire me immediately! So what is the problem? Well, no matter how much I discuss it with them it seems that I can only get 1 Sunday off a month. The other Sunday's I would still end up missing nearly both services the way they work their schedule. I did NOT have peace about this at all. I ended up telling her that I would think about it over the weekend and give her an answer Monday. She did not want to wait until then, but I told her I needed the weekend at the very least. I was so distressed over it, and searched Scripture for help and peace. God gave me 2 Peter 3:17, and I ended up falling asleep praying over it. I woke up from a short nap and read an email from my husband. I had already talked with my mother in love and my boss. All three of them counselled me NOT to take the job.
As I paged through Scripture to read my verse again, the phone rang. Again, it was the manager of the children's store wanting to know if I had made a decision yet. I let it go to voicemail as I did NOT appreciate the abrupt interruption of my time with God. I thought the timing of it was way too sudden to be coincidental. I kept getting more peace about NOT working there then I did about working there. In the meantime, I was so tore up over a job that I did not even have yet, that I lost my appetite and my old ulcer pains returned! This did not seem to be anything that would come from my Heavenly Father.

I waited a bit more while getting ready for work tonight, and my husband called me. We talked at length and another call interrupted me. I was dreading that it would be the manager yet again. I let it go to voicemail and finished my call with Ted. My voicemail was from the very first interview I had(see my previous posts about this), and I now have a second interview set up with them for Monday! Do I know what God has in mind? NO! but I DO know He doesn't want me out of church every Sunday!

I went into work and my boss said the manager had also called her and couldn't understand what my issue was. My boss carefully tried to get her to be patient and told her to wait until I had an answer on Monday. In the process of the conversation, it was mentioned that maybe if I closed EVERY Saturday night I could work out my Sunday schedule. REALLY???!!!

As I thought and processed all of this- quiet words "Wait on the Lord" rang through my heart. That is what I will continue to do. I will not rush into anything that will compromise my values and my worship time with God. I have yet to hear from the large store that does NOT operate on Sundays, they were to call me by the end of this week, so there is still time for them to also offer me what they mentioned in the interview.
Pray for me, and for my gizzard!

No comments: