Friday, June 13, 2008

F.B.I.

A much anticipated new singing group in our church will (God willing) be singing Sunday morning. We've practiced hard for a few weeks, and I'm confident that we will blend well together. We haven't thought of a name (officially), but as Preacher likes to use the acronym F.B.I. (Fundamental Baptist Investigators) we tossed around the same as Faith Baptist Inspirations :)

I know it sounds a bit pretentious, but hopefully it won't stick, heh.

On a more serious note, the strain on my vocal cords is a bit more than usual. I've been given the high tenor part, and if I knew of a good replacement for myself I'm sure I would have suggested it. God has given me a gift, and I'm not scared to use it for His glory. This part quite literally stretches me to my limits.

I prayed hard about this when we first started practicing, and I believe The Lord's will is in it. This isn't as serious as you may think, but I do find myself worrying that I will strain my voice too far. I'm not concerned about how we look or sound (it's actually quite funny at times as it takes lots of facial expressions to hit those high notes.) Just pray that God will keep his hand on my voice while I sing. So if we look funny trying to make all this work, laugh with us. And pray for us.

Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.. all who prayed for us. That went much better than expected. I'm glad the Lord let my voice hold out even though Preacher insisted we sing all 3 songs :)