Saturday, June 7, 2008

Not Invited...


My wife and I have a very symbiotic relationship. I'm positive that this is exactly what God had planned when he designed marriage. Anyway, after briefly discussing our various daily issues, Rebecca and I happened upon some more personal external relationship quandaries, of which I dare not be specific; suffice to say that I couldn't think of discussing such issues with anyone else in the whole wide world.

We lay our cards on the table as honest as possible, then work our way through possible solutions giving each others views; mentally, physically, and spiritually. It's a reality check between best friends, even though I'd be the first to argue that we are not best of friends, and that sometimes we both feel quite incomplete.

There is only so much a man can do to help a woman get through some times, and visa-versa. For that we look to our Godly friends that have come our way through church, or work, or otherwise. We think ourselves extremely blessed to have good Christian family members to lean on for the good and bad times, but for those times in between, sometimes you wish there was something more.

My wife and I have never been party animals, or social butterflies. For those of you who know us we stay close to home, and rarely reach out beyond our comfort zone. That doesn't mean we're right. In fact, most of the time it only makes matters worse.

I wrote this not to reasons of grandeur, or self-pity. Just to get it out of my heart, and onto paper (so to speak). Having said that, I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we intend on going out of our way to continue forging good Godly bonds with those who cross our path. And leave a well in the valley for those who are going through the same trials.

So when you get that phone call, inviting you to enjoy our humble hospitality, be prepared not to be entertained, but loved and hopefully encouraged. I think we'll make 1 rule that will make the time more interesting. You must bring your favorite board game!


Oh, and as for the topic. It's ok. Sometimes we learn from our mistakes :)

No comments: