Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Word For The Day

I had a Dream! Well, yes, but I never remember them. Much like the words I make up. Rebecca and I have had some fun with the words my mind comes up with. Many of which are a direct result of circumstances that arise throughout the day. After creating these words, I rarely write them down.

We had a laugh one night when I made up an awesome word, then formulated a Webster's hypothesis based on the circumstances in which the word came to me. We laughed, because i said "If i don't write it down, I won't remember it." I didn't write it down, and I couldn't remember the word OR it's meaning in the morning. What a sign of an impending geriatric era ahead of me!

When I woke up this morning, much to the demise of my dog. Rebecca, handed me a book that she had started reading. The book is called The Tale of a Tardy Oxcart and 1501 other stories by Chuck Swindoll. In it, was this quote which absolutely identifies my disposition.

I have a little sign that hangs in my study, It reads this way. "Idiosyncratically eccentric phraseology is the promulgator of terrible obfuscation." Doesn't that thrill you to hear that? And on the back is a translation, "Big words cause confusion."

1 comment:

CNA Momma said...

Love the wordage on the sign. Ken would like that.